Zeus Capital has appointed Sir Nigel Knowles as chairman. Knowles is the global co-chief executive officer and managing partner of DLA Piper.
Investment banking boutique Zeus Capital is pleased to announce the appointment of Sir Nigel Knowles as Chairman.
Sir Nigel currently holds the position of Global Co-Chief Executive Officer and Managing Partner of DLA Piper. Over the last 18 years he has led DLA Piper’s growth from a regional law firm to a global business with a turnover in excess of £1bn and over 4,200 lawyers across 30 countries.
Sir Nigel’s leadership was also instrumental in the largest transatlantic legal sector merger in recent history, which saw DLA integrated with US-based firms Piper Rudnick and Gray Cary Ware & Freidenrich in 2005.
Zeus Capital, which has offices in London, Manchester and Birmingham, has raised over £950 million on public markets for corporate clients in the last 15 months. In H1 2014, Dealogic ranked Zeus Capital the leading IPO fundraiser for AIM companies in the UK, while Thomson Reuters ranked Zeus among the top 20 globally.
John Goold, Joint Chief Executive at Zeus Capital, said: “The expertise that Sir Nigel brings will be a huge benefit to Zeus Capital. He has been behind some of the largest deals in the last two decades and has huge experience of growing a business. The team at Zeus are really excited about working with him.”
Sir Nigel Knowles said: “Having led the recent series of IPOs with the likes of Conviviality, Boohoo and DX Group, it is an exciting time to be joining Zeus Capital. Its pipeline of deals is just as impressive and I look forward to adding to the considerable expertise Zeus Capital already has at its disposal.”
Zeus Capital is an independent investment banking boutique, providing advisory and fundraising services across public, private and trade transactions. The firm was established in 2003 and clients include public and privately owned companies, along with key players in the private equity community. Zeus Capital has offices in London, Manchester and Birmingham.
Zeus has recently acted on a number of high profile IPOs as Nominated Adviser and Broker and was ranked number one by IPO funds raised on AIM in H1 2014 and in the top 20 for IPO funds raised globally.
Recent transactions Zeus has advised on include:
· £560m listing of online fashion retailer boohoo.com and associated fundraising of £300m (BOO)
· £200m listing and associated £193m fundraise of logistics and parcel distribution company DX (Group) (DX)
· £340m listing and associated £115m fundraise for flash sales company, MySale (MYSL)
· £135m listing and associated £94m placing of integrated, light-side building materials company, Epwin Group (EPWN)
· £78m listing and associated £70m placing of retail home improvements business, Safestyle UK (SFE)
· £66m listing and associated £64m placing of
off – licence retailer, Conviviality Retail (CVR)
· £40m listing and placing of the UK’s leading distributor of fluid power products, Flowtech Fluidpower (FLO)
· £36.5m listing including £16.5m fundraise of pharmaceuticals company 4d pharma, with subsequent £21.5m secondary raise (DDDD)
· £32.5m listing including £7m fundraise of internet TLD company, CentralNic (CNIC)