Quake Capital, an accelerator and seed investor, said it launched an accelerator program in Los Angeles. The 12-week program is the firm’s fourth.
A press release follows:
Quake Capital Launches Los Angeles Accelerator Program
Inaugural Cohort Features 16 Companies, and is Quake’s Most Diverse Cohort to Date
Los Angeles, CA, June 5, 2018 – Quake Capital, a unique accelerator focused on making seed level investments in new and early stage ventures across a wide range of industries, has launched its accelerator program in Los Angeles. This 12-week program, which is Quake’s fourth accelerator cohort, is an extension of the firm’s successful New York accelerator.
The inaugural Los Angeles Summer 2018 cohort is comprised of 16 companies, and is Quake’s largest to date. Spanning a range of industries from media and design to hospitality, healthcare and marketing, this class features business from five different countries and five companies with female founders. Quake’s first Los Angeles class, which each received an investment of $150,000, features:
· Ala Carte enables users to order from multiple restaurants at the same time, operating an on-demand, delivery-only virtual food hall that prepares and delivers all food from one location, so delivery is fast and easy.
· Baarb, Inc. is a revolutionary new way to book hotels, combining vast human experience with cutting-edge artificial intelligence and natural language search capability to deliver the highest level of personalized hotel search results.
· EllieGrid is a smart bluetooth pillbox for active lifestyles that organizes pills in seconds, sets medication reminders, and tracks adherence. The team has raised over $160k in their crowdfunding campaign and has won over 15 awards and competitions, including Top 10 “Creme of the Austin Startup Crop” by TechCrunch.
· Endorsify is an influencer marketing SaaS platform that utilizes high-powered AI and image recognition systems content search to find creators that post the content brands are looking for. Clients include L’Oreal, Starbucks, Target, and more.
· GoTRIBE is the most individualized small group fitness experience ever created, designed specifically for both weight training and high intensity calorie burning goals.
· Love Goodly is a subscription box service for nontoxic beauty and skincare, carrying brands that are cruelty-free, organic, non-GMO, eco-friendly and vegan, and with each purchase, we give back to a cause.
· Ormigga is the only outsourcing department that combines machine learning and gamification to quote, contract, and manage suppliers more efficiently. Based in Bogota, Colombia, major clients include Sodexo, 3C Hotels, AutoStok, Universal Music Group and Telefonica.
· Pebby Corporation is a smart collar and ball system that gives pet owners access to monitor and entertain their pet from anywhere their cell phone can go. Pebby has already raised over $500k on Kickstarter and received worldwide praise in the press to match.
· Quick’rCare allows patients to reserve healthcare services in advance, with the ability to search for the type of facility you need, see the current wait time, and hold your place in line for free.
· Radial3D is a next-generation AR and VR web platform using the latest in Web3D capabilities to transform how people learn and interact with biology, anatomy and medical images.
· Rain Systems developed patented technology that provides a means by which companies, communities and individuals can reduce overall water irrigation consumption by half.
· RANDIAN combines video content, web-based-technology and ecommerce.in the only 360-degree solution for viewers to watch, click, shop and buy.
· RECESS makes it easy for brands to discover, book, and execute marketing activations at events across the country. RECESS has already worked with Southwest Airlines, L’Oreal, Salesforce, Vice and USA Networks to name a few.
· Rose Gold helps aspiring beauty entrepreneurs launch their business without the burden of purchasing upfront inventory with a drop shipping membership program that includes a full range of hair products, ecommerce sites and consulting to get new entrepreneurs up and running as quickly as possible.
· Socianado is a team of online marketing gurus that helps build brand awareness, customer base, and profitability through strategic marketing.
· Steereo provides emerging and undiscovered artists the opportunity to be heard and gain new listeners and fans on the go by combining the power of radio with the music discovery experience.
Quake’s Summer 2018 accelerator program in Los Angeles will commence on June 5th, and will run for 12 weeks. It will conclude with a Demo Day on August 23rd, which will feature pitches from each of the 16 participating companies. This program will also host a follow-on week with an additional Demo Day hosted in San Francisco on August 30th.
“We are thrilled to officially launch our program in Los Angeles with this exceptional, inaugural accelerator class,” said Priscilla Pesci, managing partner at Quake Capital Los Angeles. “This distinct cohort features not only global diversity, but also reflects a sense of inclusion with varied industries and age ranges and ethnicities, as well as a number of female founders that is truly indicative of the Los Angeles landscape. We look forward to working closely with each team to strategically refine and progress their businesses, by tapping our curated network of mentors, speakers, investors and overall Quake executive talent.”
Quake is currently accepting applications for its cohort in New York and its newly-launched Austin program. To apply for either program, please visit: https://www.f6s.com/quakecapital/apply.
About Quake Capital
Quake Capital is a unique accelerator focused on making seed level investments in new and early stage ventures across a wide range of industries. We work closely with key advisers, and tap into exclusive relationships developed over the last 30 years to boast unparalleled access to the top players in finance, development, manufacturing and distribution. To learn more about Quake Capital and its portfolio of companies, please visit: https://www.quakecapital.com/.