* KKR is reevaluating the “advisability” of going public, via a takeover of its Amsterdam-listed vehicle.
* Peter Thiel explains why Facebook’s proposed takeover of Twitter failed.
* Paul Kedrosky: Y2K, the Credit Crisis, and the Rosencrantz Fallacy.
* Alessandra Stanley: Twitter is a “gateway drug to full-blown media narcissism.”
* CCMP Capital chairman Greg Brenneman of CCMP Capital has a biblical view of the recession.
* Laid off? Become a volunteer.
* Yahoo paid $79 million last year to fend off Microsoft and Icahn.
* Could Rupert Murdoch take the “bad” News Corp. private?